Trevally and Lychees
2 lb. of trevally fillets
celery tops, parsley, thyme
2 oz. butter
3/4 cups chopped onions
9 oz. mushrooms
2 cups peeled, pitted lychees
3 oz. butter
8 tbsp. flour
3/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup plain yogurt
3 cups soft breadcrumbs
1. Poach fillets for 5 minutes in a large shallow saucepan or frying pan containing 1/2" depth of
water, celery tops, parsley and thyme.
2. Drain, place half of fillets in a greased baking dish, set the remaining fillets aside.
3. Melt 2 oz. of butter in pan containing thyme, parsley, celery; add onion and mushrooms. Sauté until
golden, add lychees and spread contents over the fillets in the baking dish.
4. Place remaining fillets on top. Melt remaining butter in a saucepan and stir in flour.
5. Brown lightly, then slowly add broth and yogurt, stirring continuously. Cook until smooth
6. Add remaining seasoning to taste. Pour sauce over fish, sprinkle with crumbs.
7. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Alternatively, cover dish with plastic and microwave for 5 minutes.
Print This Recipe
Back To Recipe List
Back to Home Page
Copyright © 1999-2010 Lychees Online
email@example.com www.lycheesonline.com (954)648-6020